Community Engagement Representative – Bilingual, English and Chinese, Vietnamese, or Spanish
AADP is a community-based organization, working within the multi-ethnic communities throughout Northern California. AADP is an official recruitment agency for Be The Match Registry is dedicated to increasing the availability of potential stem cell donors for patients with life-threatening diseases curable with a stem cell transplant. AADP’s Community Engagement representatives organize recruitment and education events, focused on community-based organizations, places of worship, universities, high schools, corporations, and community events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits exceptional customer service at all times.
- Must be very outgoing and friendly.
- Responsible for all aspects of the education and recruitment of blood stem cell donors for the BTM registry.
- Responsible for meeting the established recruitment goals.
- Responsible for the appointment and training of volunteers.
- Conducts presentations in the multi-ethnic community
- Multicultural competency and familiarity with the Asian American community in the SF Bay Area.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese, Cantonese or Mandarin, or Spanish (speaking, reading and writing).
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking abilities
- Computer skills, PageMaker, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, FileMaker Pro
- Superior writing skills preferred
- Flexible with work hours (evening work is required for community meetings, and recruitment drives are often scheduled on the weekends
- Must have a vehicle for travel throughout NortherContinuen California (San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Joaquin, Marin, Alameda/Contra Costa, Sacramento, and Suisun counties.) Some out of state travel are necessary. AADP will reimburse for mileage.
Job Type: Full-time