Asian American Donor Program (AADP) encourages community mind-driven individuals who believe in our mission to submit their resume.
One Community Outreach Coordinator Positions Available:
Must be able to speak
– Mandarin, English
- Organize outreach and education efforts
- Conduct public presentations
- Network with other community organizations
- Organize information sessions
- Create all outreach materials (flyers, posters, other handouts)
- Distribute educational information at scheduled events
- Administer phone outreach
- Recruit new members on the Registry
- Plan, organize and implement recruitment drives
- Submit press releases and public service announcements to publicize events
- Conduct all administrative functions associated with events (correspondence, data entry, follow-up)
- Assist in volunteer projects and supervision
- Volunteer recruitment, training, education, and recognition
- Special Projects
- Assist with fundraising projects
- College graduate
- Skills needed:
- Multicultural competency and familiarity with the SF Bay Area Asian/Pacific Islander communities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking abilities
- Computer skills: PageMaker, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, FileMaker Pro
- Superior writing skills preferred
- Fluency in languages mentioned above
- Flexible with work hours (evening work is required for community meetings, and recruitment drives are often scheduled on the weekends – comp time is offered as compensation)
- Must be able to drive and have a vehicle for travel throughout Northern California (San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Joaquin, Marin, Alameda/Contra Costa, Sacramento, and Suisun counties). Some out of state travel are necessary. AADP will reimburse for mileage.
AADP is a community-based organization, working with and in communities throughout Northern California. AADP, an official recruitment center for Be The Match Registry, is dedicated to increasing the availability of potential stem cells donors for patients with life-threatening diseases curable by a stem cell transplant.
Outreach Coordinators organize recruitment and education efforts in collaboration with faith-based organizations, educational settings (colleges/universities), corporations, and community events (festivals).
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, no phone calls please.