The ideal candidate is a skilled writer who can empower the community about the passion we feel for saving lives working for people diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma and other blood diseases. This person is an experienced user of social media, and understands how to target messages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other platforms to reach the right audiences.
Please note: To be consider for this position, all applicants must submit a cover letter and resume.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Researching and producing original multimedia content primarily for AADP’s main social media channels, including science, health care, and community stories
- Writing e-newsletter copy and social media posts that promote AADP news articles and announcements
- Maintaining blog, tracking email, web, and social media communications
- Optimizing content for social media platforms, which will include tagging URLs, employing audience targeting, among other digital marketing tactics
- Monitoring and managing AADP’s social media conversations
- Creating reports demonstrating successful reach and engagement achieved on promotional channels.
The role requires excellent judgment, critical thinking, streamlined and professional communication, and quick turnaround in a fast-paced working environment.
Note: This is part-time for 20 hours/week, starting from the date of hire. Total hours are negotiable depending on the experience level and preferences of the candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications or marketing related field or currently working toward this degree
• Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation
• Professional experience working with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram in a branding or journalism context
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Photoshop
• Ability to write clear, lively, engaging and compelling copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences and / or the broader public, while ensuring adherence to the brand message
• Thorough research and fact verification skills
• Superior interpersonal communications skills, including active listening and effective collaboration skills
• Thorough analytical and critical thinking skills
- Basic knowledge of content management systems, HTML & SEO
• Basic knowledge of iMovie, Final Cut or other video editing software
• Skill in iPhone photography and/or videography
• Thorough understanding of organization’s processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for digital communications