Information contained on this website is not a substitute for a doctor’s medical judgment or advice. The AADP recommends that you discuss your specific, individual health concerns with your doctor or health care professional. The materials and discussions presented here describe current treatment options and drugs or treatments that may be under study, and are for informational purposes only. Treatment options or donation procedures should be determined by an individual and his or her treating doctor based on the individual’s overall health, age, disease, disease stage, and, if transplant is being considered as a treatment option, the availability of a suitably matched adult donor or umbilical cord blood unit.
1. Certain functions of the AADP website may require registration. In consideration of your use of this website, you agree that if you register on this Web site, you will provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself and will maintain and update such information promptly if any of it changes. You agree that if any information you provide is inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the AADP may prohibit your access to sections of the website requiring registration. The AADP may also reject your application to become a member of the Be The Match Registry®.
2. You may not register with a user name or e-mail address that is already being used by someone else or that belongs to another person, unless you have his or her consent. The AADP may refuse to accept a user name for registration if someone else has already registered with that user name or for any other reason at its own discretion.
3. You agree that the AADP may access, preserve and disclose your registration information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that it is necessary to:
- Respond to your requests for customer service;
- Comply with legal process;
- Respond to claims that information you have provided violates the rights of others; or
- Protect the rights, property or personal safety of the AADP, its users and the public.
Individuals who use the AADP website to join the Be The Match Registry may be required to pay a set fee to help cover the costs of donor registration (“Internet Registration Fee”). Registration fees charged by the AADP vary depending upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to, how an individual joins the Be The Match Registry. By choosing to use the AADP website to join the Be The Match Registry you agree to pay the Internet Registration Fee, if charged, despite the fact that less expensive registration fees may or may not be otherwise available to you if you were to join the Be The Match Registry in another way. The AADP reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to charge a registration fee (including, but not limited to, an Internet Registration Fee) to individuals who choose to join the Be The Match Registry, or to otherwise change such fee, without notice.
Rules of Conduct
While using the website, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, the AADP expects the users of the website to respect the rights and dignity of others. Therefore, when using this website, you agree not to:
1. Post or submit information about another person or company without the authorization to do so.
2. Interfere with any other user’s right to privacy by trying to access or collect information about any individual users of this website.
3. Interfere with the functioning of the website or with other people’s use of the website in any way, including:
- Posting or transmitting any file or computer code or program (for example, viruses, worms, Trojan horses) that could damage or interfere with the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment.
- Interfering with the functioning of the website, its servers or networks.
- Hacking, defacing or modifying any portion of the website.
4. Copy, republish, sell or use for commercial purposes any portion of this website unless you have prior written permission from the AADP. This includes framing or mirroring any part of the website, systematically downloading and storing any content, putting the content in a database or republishing it.
Links to Other Sites
The AADP Web site provides links to other Internet sites for informational purposes and the convenience of its users. The AADP is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does the AADP control or guarantee the currency, accuracy, relevance or completeness of information found on linked-to, external websites.
The AADP cannot guarantee that linked, external websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act. While occasionally the AADP makes endorsements or recommendations, it does not recommend products or services that appear as pop-up advertisements, and its endorsements are limited to those products and services that it explicitly recommends, and not those that may appear on its Web site for informational purposes.
Ownership of Web Site Content
Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in all material on the website is owned by the Asian American Donor Program. You are welcome to print copies for your personal use. For any other use, the copyrighted materials may not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior written permission from the Asian American Donor Program.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
1. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE AADP AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
2. THE AADP AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE OR CODE UNDERLYING THE WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED.
3. ANY MATERIAL SUBMITTED, DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IS SUBMITTED AND/OR ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
4. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE AADP OR THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE AADP AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE AADP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE SUBMISSION OF INFORMATION IN THE PROCESS OF APPLYING TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE BE THE MATCH REGISTRY; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, DISCLOSURE OF, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEBSITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify and hold the AADP and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to, or arising out of, your use of the website, including your application to become a member of the Be The Match Registry.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Changes to the Web Site
The AADP can change or remove, either temporarily or permanently, the website or any part of it at any time and without prior notice to you. You agree that the AADP is not liable to you or to anyone else for any change or discontinuance to the website or any content, feature or product offered on the Web site.
Waiver and Severability
If the AADP does not exercise or enforce any particular right or provision in these Terms, the AADP does not waive that right or provision. If a court finds any provision of these Terms invalid, then you and the AADP agree that the court should try to follow the intention of that provision and that all other provisions of these Terms will remain in effect.